As those of us on the southern coast of the United States prepare for Hurricane Dorian:-( …I decided to look ahead to Autumn. I love the colors, aromas, and comfort foods this season brings. Pumpkins of course signal its arrival so I used my French Pumpkin to fill with an array of some of my favorite flowers. What I want to show you was how easy it is to color the pumpkin using Tonic’s Embellishment Mousse in a variety of colors; techniques for blending that can be used on any of your pieces.
- I started with Tonic’s “Craft Perfect” Card Blanks/Bright White in 6″ x 6″. Then, I had a second layer using the Mirror Card/Smooth Mint in 5 3/4″ x 5 3/4″. Finally, a 5 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ square of Watercolor paper (I love the texture it brought to the card.
2. Using the sponge daubers, it made it so easy to add the Orange Blush Mousse first, leaving some areas untouched so I could blend in other colors.
3. I decided to add some Shimmer Powder/Solar Flare onto my non-stick mat so I could blend it with the Orange Blush and give the pumpkin some highlights. As you can see, I blended Forest Green Mousse along the bottom edge as well.
4. Final touch, was to “age” the pumpkin a bit, using my finger and blending some Cosmic Brown Mousse onto the surface. The stem was created by using two of the Nuvo Crystal Drops/Olive Branch with Copper Penny and smearing them with a toothpick to give a textured look to the stem.
5. I created a background for my card on the watercolor paper using Glacier Paste/Green Envy and applied it over a stencil using a spatula.
6. The leaves of the Pumpkin were colored with Copic YR95 and YR97. I chose Black-eyed Susan’s, Dahlia, and some Goldenrod for my flower bouquet and Woodland Leaves brightly colored with Crystal Glaze on them. Finally, Suzanne Cannon’s “Autumn” was die cut in the same Mirror Card/Smooth Mint to announce the season!
PRODUCTS BY TONIC: If you would like any of the products I’ve used, just click on the image and it will take you to the Tonic site to purchase.